What is Develop?
Develop offers training and quality improvement tools to support early learning & school-age care. Developtoolmn.org is the one-stop-shop where you and your organization can get the tools you want and need to build upon your success. Together, we’re developing a brighter future for all of Minnesota’s children.
What happened to the Registry?
Develop is the Minnesota Registry, but it’s also so much more. That’s why we gave it a new look and new name. It still has all the same features of the Registry and still has all your Registry data. But we’ve built on new features so now you can do even more. Explore this website to learn more.
Who runs Develop?
It takes a village to run Develop. The Minnesota Center for Professional Development plays a big part in operating and supporting the professional development features within Develop. Parent Aware staff housed at the Minnesota Department of Human Services and the Minnesota Department of Education play a big part in operating and supporting the Parent Aware features within Develop. Some Child Care Aware staff also use Develop, and we are adding new partners all the time. This collaborative approach makes Develop a one-stop-shop for all your early learning & school-age care needs.
Who funds Develop?
Develop was made possible by Minnesota’s Race to the Top—Early Learning Challenge Grant, with ongoing funding provided by the Child Care Development Fund Block Grant, as managed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
What does Develop do?
Develop aims to be a one-stop-shop for all your early learning & school-age care needs. With a single login, you will be connected to the Minnesota Center for Professional Development, Parent Aware, and more. Just as you grow and improve every day, Develop is also continuously growing and improving. Below are some of the features that already exist or are under construction:
- Use self-assessment tools to identify opportunities for professional growth.
- Make a professional development plan.
- Search for training opportunities in your area.
- Track and verify your employment, education and training history.
- Track your completion of licensing training requirements and your staff qualification level.
- Earn a Career Lattice Step.
- Manage your staff’s professional development.
- Use environment self-assessment tools to identify opportunities for quality improvement.
- Track program achievements such as accreditation and Parent Aware Star Ratings.
- Apply for Parent Aware using convenient online forms.
- Submit documentation of your program’s quality.
- Design a Quality Improvement plan.
- Discover Relationship-Based Professional Development (RBPD) resources, such as coaching, consulting and mentoring.